In our workshops at Pleasant Valley Forge, I work with each student, in a small group setting, teaching in a way that compliments individual learning styles. Although the workshops are designed for beginners, with a class size of 3 – 4, it is small enough to accommodate students at all levels.
We offer instruction in basic blacksmithing techniques: drawing out, shouldering, twisting, chamfering, fullering, splitting, fire tending and more. As a student, you will gain enhanced knowledge and appreciation for the art of blacksmithing, and will leave with at least one useful forged piece that you have made. Best of all, you will have a great time!
- All forging equipment is provided.
- Participants are required to bring and wear their own safety glasses.
- Students should wear cotton based fabric clothing, and closed leather shoes. Do not wear nylon or fleece as those are meltable materials.
- Bring a lunch, snacks and something to drink.
- In case of a weather cancellation, the workshops will be re-scheduled.
- Space is limited to 3 – 4 students in each workshop.
- Cost for one weekend is $300, Saturday and Sunday, 9 – 4 each day
Pleasant Valley Forge is located in the village of Saxtons River, in Southeastern Vermont, about four hours from New York City and two hours from Boston and Albany.
If you are interested in one of these workshop weekends, space is limited, so please call 802-869-2828 or e-mail email@example.com for details.